ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION (ESE) is a combined competitive examination conducted by the UPSC. There are many institutes who provides IES exam coaching in Chandigarh and we are the one of them, provides best IES Coaching in Chandigarh. Based on the results of this examination allocation will be made to several Group ‘A’ Services or posts under the following categories:
(a) Civil Engineering
(b) Mechanical Engineering
(c) Electrical Engineering
(d) Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- At the time of selection – Assistant Executive Engineer / Assistant Works Manager / Assistant Director.
- After 3–4 years of service (including probation period) – Executive Engineer / Works Manager / Deputy Director (equivalent to Under Secretary to Government of India).
- After 8 years of service – Superintending Engineer / Deputy General Manager / Joint Director (equivalent to Deputy Secretary to Government of India).
- After 13 years of service – Chief Engineer level-2 / Joint General Manager (equivalent to Director to Government of India).
- After 20 years of service – Chief Engineer / Additional General Manager (equivalent to Joint Secretary to Government of India).
- After 30 years of service – Engineer-in-Chief / Senior General Manager (equivalent to Additional Secretary to Government of India).
- After 34 years of service – Chairman / Director General / Managing Director (equivalent to Secretary to Government of India). Promotions are subjected to availability of vacancies and may take more time than mentioned above. The age of superannuation is 60 years for all civil servants in India.
IES Exam ELIGIBIBLITY
Candidate must be either
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January, of the current year.
- The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relax able up to 35 years in the case of Government servents of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.
IES EXAM SYLLABUS
Part A: General English: The question paper in General English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
Part B: General Studies: The paper in General Studies will include knowledge of current events and of such matters as of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
IES DEPARTMENT ALLOCATION: At CES Chandigarh, we are providing IES exam coaching to Electrical and Electronics engineering students in Chandigarh.
1. Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
2. Indian Railway Stores Service
3. Indian Defense Service of Engineers(Electrical Posts)
4. Central Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Service (Electrical Post)
5. Central Power Engineering Service (Electrical Post)
6. Indian Ordnance Factories Services
7. Indian Supply Service Group A (Electrical Posts)
8. Assistant Naval Store Officer Grade-I in Indian Navy
9. Indian Naval Armament Service
10. Assistant Executive Engineer in Corps of EME, Ministry of Defense
1. Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers
2. Indian Railway Stores Service
3. Indian Telecom Service Group-A
4. Central Power Engineering Service (E&T Posts)
5. Engineer GCS Group A in WPC/MO(M/O Communication & IT)
6. Indian Inspection Service Group A (E&T Posts)